Volume 21 no 2
CounterPunch Magazine, February 2014
Read as a PDF
Read as a Digital Magazine
Purchase Print Issue
In this Issue:
- The Last Toxic Gasp of Nuclear Power: John LaForge takes an unflinching survey of the state of the nuclear power industry in the wake of Fukushima.
- David Macaray charts the end of the middle class in America over the last 50 years: declining incomes, growing debts, and mounting insecurity.
- Harry Browne recounts his journey by boat from Ireland to Wales to meet the family of Chelsea Manning
- Lee Hall exposes the latest lethal scam of the cattle industry: a plan to slaughter elk in the Yellowstone country.
- Jeffrey St. Clair on reading Camus in the time of drones
- JoAnn Wypijewski on watching the Super Bowl with union laborers
- Mike Whitney on the return of crappy mortgages
- Chris Floyd on the selling and re-reselling of Bob Dylan
- Kristin Kolb on the NYT’s poverty porn
- Lee Ballinger on the art of Tiffany Gholar